Monday, January 21, 2013

MLK Love.


When i saw this quote, i instantly fell in love. How true is this?! It is so SIMPLE yet so profound.
What a wise man MLK was. 

This past week, Ive had time to reflect on life and the meaning of it. My Great Aunt Mary passed away last Tuesday. She was my granny-goo's older sister. I haven't seen her in about 10 years but even with that, i will never forget the woman she was and the impact she made on many people. At her funeral that we went to in Wyoming, i looked at her and she just looked SO at peace. And Im sure a lot of it was because she TRULY was at peace when she left this Earth. i couldn't help but think about life. Life in general. From birth till death on Earth. From your family to your friends to strangers... and how each of us have the power to impact someones life. I want to leave this Earth at peace. At peace with how i lived my life, with the choices i made, with the things Ive said, and the way i made people feel. I am no saint by any means, i have my faults. But i do strive to live a righteous, good life. I strive to LOVE. To love everyone, not just because in our religion, we are commanded too, but because i truly want to. Lately, Ive been tested in this area. To clear the rumor, I have been called an "ultrasound picture thief" and "a future baby stealer"... to name the few. Isnt that ridiculous!! I am in no way, shape or form, an ultrasound picture thief nor will i ever be a future baby stealer. To those who know me can attest to that. (and i have over 50 amazing ultrasound pictures so why would i purposefully post this one ultrasound picture that isnt even that clear??!!...) Anywho, it kind of makes me sad that people in this world hurt people the way they do.... and on purpose. What happened to love? What happened to respect? Those two things are slowly disappearing in this world.... and its sad to watch. I choose to love, i choose to show respect. It is hard to overcome mean and hurtful things people say or their actions but Ive already chosen the kind of person i want people to remember me by. And by doing so, i choose not to backlash, i choose maturity, i choose to turn the other cheek, and i choose to set an example. An example that if everyone tried to set, this world would and could be a much more better place. And we would leave this Earth at peace with ourselves. Just like my Great Aunt Mary did. 

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

No comments:

Post a Comment