Thursday, January 24, 2013

It's a Yes for Preeclampsia... Darn it.

Well this morning at 5am, was my last urine collection. So glad thats over! And then at 7am, the hubs and i woke up, got ready and headed over to the hospital. We dropped off my urine collection and went and waited to see my doctor. My appointment wasn't till 9am but i had to turn my urine in an hour before so my dr could have the results. I was the first appt, went right in. Did my weight, still the same as Tuesdays appt. And i sat for about 10 minutes before they took my blood pressure. It was 134/80. Which is on the higher side but a lot lower then it has been. Then we went over my results from the urine. Normal protein levels are below 150. Mine was 269. Preeclampsia is 300 or more. So unfortunately, im almost there. My creatine levels were where they should be. My blood work came back good. So im happy about that! I had to get hooked up to the monitors to see how baby was doing and to see if i was having contractions. Baby's heart rate is great and strong. We also went over what the game plan is. So i will see my dr next Tuesday. And after that, i will see her 2 or 3 times a week. She is going to have me do another 24 hour urine collection later next week or the week after. Darn it!! So gross haha. I am on bed rest. She doesnt want me doing hardly anything where i have to stand or exert myself much. But at least its not strict bed rest! The last two days were horrible being on bed rest. So now its just the wait and see game. Because my symptoms are showing so early on (30 weeks) we are going to try and keep this baby in as long as we can. Hoping for at least 4 weeks! My symptoms will get worse, i.e. Blood pressure, protein in urine, headaches, etc. But since we caught it early on, being on bed rest will help it to not progress as fast. Hopefully!! Ive heard to eat more protein so i will be upping it even more. My appetite has decreased immensely. Not too sure why but i hardly eat. I know, i know, thats not good, blah blah blah. But food makes me want to puke and im legitimately not hungry. I do drink a lot. Today i hit 31 weeks! So crazy! Seems like yesterday that i found out i was pregnant. So ya, thats the update!

No comments:

Post a Comment