Wednesday, November 14, 2012

20 Weeks & A Hospital Visit

20 weeks is here!!
Not much is new except that i get heartburn almost every night... YUCK! 
Also, on Sunday, the 11th, i had to go to the hospital. I was vomiting all day and couldnt keep anything down. I was lethargic and had the WORST headache that ive ever had in my life. I kept putting off going because i knew that they werent going to do anything for a pregnant person. But Marc was all for me going because he knew i needed some fluids at least. After throwing up one last time and almost passing out at the toilet, i figured we'd better just go. And then the cramping came and that was awful. It was pretty scary. So i had my brother come and watch Pax and we were off to the ER. When we got there, they took me up to L&D and had me change into a gown and they started hooking me up to every machine. My pulse rate was high, babies heartrate was lower but not low enough to cause concern and then they started the fluids. I had 4.5 liters of fluids through an IV. Crazy huh. And even after the 4.5 liters, i still didnt have to pee. Then they gave me Zophran and a little bit of Morphine for my cramp pain and my awful headache. Now before you freak out about the morphine, i know that the baby feels that, im not dumb. I was in a lot of pain. And they gave me a third of the standard amount they give patients. Anywho, I was there for a little over 6 hours. Then about hour 5, we started some crackers and some Sprite. I started getting naucious again and they gave me Phenegran. That stuff worked amazing! It helped me fall asleep and made the nausea go away. They wanted me to stay till i had to pee but i just kept asking if i could go home. They let me! By the time we got to the car, i was PASSED out. Marc drove and got me Club crackers from the store. (i always have saltines but the hospital gave me Club crackers, the kind in the green box with the elf and they were AMAZING!!!) So we got home, Marc helped me upstairs to our room and i again, passed out. The next day, Marc had to do a cross country flight to California with one of his students so i was by myself with a very active 2 1/2 year old. It was SO hard. Thank goodness i have an amazing cousin, Nikki, THANK YOU. She took Pax for me and made me dinner. Then the next day, she came over and visited and made lunch for me. Total blessing she was. Thank you again!!
Hooked up
My sweet boys playing together and waiting

No comments:

Post a Comment